Eucerin DermoPurifyer Adjunctive Soothing Cream
Moisturizer for acne-prone skin
Eucerin DermoPurifyer Adjunctive Soothing Cream is a moisturizer for acne-prone skin specially formulated for people undergoing medical acne treatment.
One of the side effects of acne medication is that it frequently causes severe dryness in skin. This intensely moisturising, non-greasy cream soothes these symptoms. Ceramides support skin’s protective barrier and reduce moisture loss, SymSitive* helps to calm irritation such as stinging and burning directly at source and Licochalcone A helps to reduce redness. The formula helps to bring demanding, blemish- and acne-prone skin under control and it feels smooth and supple after the first application.
Eucerin DermoPurifyer Adjunctive Soothing Cream is suitable for use during pregnancy.
* Registered trademark of Symrise AG, Germany
Clinical and dermatological studies prove good skin tolerability and efficacy on blemish-prone skin. Suitable for sensitive skin.
- Dermatological and clinical studies prove significant reductions of the main side effects of standard acne medicine
- Clinical live scoring showed a reduction in the number of comedones.
- Self-assessment reported an immediate, intensive moisturisation.
- Fluorescence photography identified a visible reduction in bacteria.
- Corneometry clinical live scoring and transepidermal water loss measurements (TEWL) found the formula to moisture effectively, verifiably and noticeably.
- TEWL also showed a strengthening of the skin barrier function.
- The clinical results showed that Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Adjunctive Hydrating Care SPF 30 was very well tolerated by patients receiving medical acne treatment.
- SPF 30
- UVA & UVB protection
How To Use
- Use daily in the morning and/or in the evening – as often as necessary
- Apply a chickpea-sized amount to a thoroughly cleansed face (try Eucerin DermoPurifyer Cleansing Gel)
- Massage gently
- Avoid contact with your eyes
- Follow with an appropriate sun protection product such as Eucerin Sun Gel-Creme Oil Control Dry Touch SPF 50+. This is important to help prevent pigmentation issues in blemish-prone skin
- Eucerin DermoPurifyer Adjunctive Soothing Cream is an excellent base for make-up
Can I carry on using Eucerin DermoPurifyer Adjunctive Soothing Cream when I’m no longer having medical treatment for acne?
Yes. The product can be used on an ongoing basis even when you are not having medical treatment for acne. If you have dry, blemish-prone skin it’s likely to be very suitable, but if your skin stops being so dry you may find it too rich and need a lighter product. Try Eucerin DermoPurifyer Mattifying Fluid.
Does the product contain sun protection factor?
No, so you can use it in the evenings. When skin is undergoing medical acne treatment it is particularly sensitive to the sun so, if your skin is going to be exposed for a considerable time, you should regularly apply a sun screen such as Eucerin Sun Gel Creme Oil Control Dry Touch SPF50+
I cover my acne with make-up. Am I making everything worse?
Thorough cleansing and moisturising will make little difference if skin is regularly contaminated by cosmetics that promote impurities. Be sure to use make-up that is suitable for your skin and don’t forget to remove it thoroughly in the evening. Your doctor or pharmacist will be able to advice you on cosmetic choices.
I’ve previously used the Eucerin DermoPurifyer Adjunctive Hydrating Care SPF30. What is the difference between that and Euceirn DERMOPURE Adjunctive Soothing Care?
We have fundamentally changed the formula of this product. If you used Adjunctive Hydrating Care in the past then you will be absolutely fine to use this new cream and we hope you’ll experience additional benefits. Our new, improved formula contains SymSitive*, Panthenol, more Licochalcone A, Ceramide and more Glycerin.
It is now free from Parabens and no longer contains an SPF. This means that this product is now also suitable for night time use. Skin is particularly sensitive to the sun when it is undergoing acne treatment so we recommend you apply additional sun protection in the morning. Try Eucerin Sun Gel-Creme Oil Control Dry Touch SPF 50+ depending on your levels of exposure.
*Registered trademark of Symrise, Germany
Is acne genetic?
A genetic predisposition certainly counts. If both parents had acne in their youth there is a greater likelihood that their children will also experience acne.
Which type of medical acne treatments does Eucerin DermoPurifyer Adjunctive Soothing Cream work with?
It is an ideal moisturiser to accompany both topical treatments (such as Adapalene and Benzoyl Peroxide) and systemic acne therapies (such as Isotretinoin).
Are the Eucerin DermoPurifyer care products suitable as a make-up base?
Yes. If skin is thoroughly moisturised then it will be easier to apply make-up evenly.